Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The master list

A few weeks ago when I started working on the Bracey genealogy again, I started forgetting what I had done before and what information I already had and what did I need to look for, but now I have a master list! Every name to do with the Bracey family I have in the genealogy. (I know there are possiblely a few hundred names missing) Right now I have about 540 names in two files. I broke it up into two files. One for the ones with the Bracey last name and the other for the non Bracey names. Course that last one is the longest. About 400 names. I use it to know birth dates, death dates, marriage dates, who they married, who their parents are, where they are buried, and which records I’ve searched. Like SSN (social security death index), the wars (Civil War, WWI, and WWII), and which censuses they were on. I’ve also added columns for which names need updating on the site and if the person has been indexed. On this list I have birth dates I don’t have on the site due to the fact that they are still living.

No comments: